Pouso Alegre has an altitude tropical climate because it is located in a Minas Gerais mountainous region (about 830 meters hight). Summer rain is much more abundant than winter rain and, in winter, cold fronts, coming from south pole, may cause frost phenomenon.
- Yearlyaverage: 17,8°C
- Maximumtemperatureeverregistered: 40 °C
- Minimumtemperatureeverregistered: 2 °C
- Maximumyearlyaverage: 26,8°C
- Minimumyearlyaverage: 12,5°C
Some of its attractions include:
- Serra Sul mall (143 stores, multiplex with 4 rooms and leisure area)
- Pouso Alegre Metropolitan Cathedral
- Holy Family Carmelo (CarmelitasBarefootMonks)
- ChristtheRedeemer (The biggestBrazil replica, in São Joãodistrict)
- Municipal Theater (which is a replica for the Milan Theater)
- Municipal Market
- Episcopal Palace
- Municipal Museum
- Music State Conservatory
- 14º GAC (Campaign Artillery Group)
- Mineral water mine, Mina do Machado standpipe is one of the main ones
- Gino Maria Rossibrother Municipal Stadiumwhichisalsoknown as “Manduzão” (referencetothecitymainriver), it wasinaugurated in 1997 andhascapacity for 35.000 people (oneofthebiggestthroughoutthestate), it wasbuilt in round shape.
- Where to buy: In one of our 40 ticket offices located in São Paulo, Vale do Paraíba, Litoral Norte or through website.