Pássaro Marron is one of the most successful municipal, intermunicipal and interstate passengers and cargo transportation service providers in Brazil. It was founded in 1935 aiming to connect São Paulo city with Mogi das Cruzes, Guararema, São José dos Campos, Jacareí, Taubaté and Aparecida. As cities naturally grew and the country developed the company increased its fleet and influence area which included, also, Rio de Janeiro city. Thus, it was the first bus company to connect São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro by bus travel with regular schedule. Its route was made through the old Rio-São Paulo dirt road.
It is worthwhile remembering that, back then, the company was called Pássaro Azul, but it changed its name because the blue color in its vehicles was always covered in dust from the dirt roads. In 1950, when Via Dutra was inaugurated with new route and fully paved, Pássaro Marron took a qualitative leap in its services. However, its true kick-start in development and modernization was yet to come.
In 1977 Pássaro Marron and other transportation companies came to be managed by Soares Penido Group, remaining under its management up to 2011.
This direction change meant a new era to Pássro Marron. After just a few years its fleet, which had 312 buses, with and average of 16 years of use, underwent immediate modernization with the introduction of computer-based maintenance.
Garages and workshops were built and equiped with modern communication systems in order to improve services. Besides that, new lines were created to connect São Paulo (capital) to every other Vale do Paraíba and south of Minas Gerais cities.
Currently under new administration, Pássaro Marron serves over 50 cities, it transports about 20 million passengers a year, in 455 modern and comfortable buses.
New paints, Internet connection aboard and GPS equipped vehicles are some of the innovations implemented by the new administration.